The Butcher’s Shop is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our on-line, telephone or other services. In this policy we explain how and why we collect your information, what we do with it and what controls you have over our use of it.
Your Acceptance of these Privacy Statement Terms
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
The Butcher’s Shop collects and processes information about you in order to:
- identify you each time you visit a Web Site or wish to have a Service provided;
- process orders or applications submitted by you;
- improve our Services and Web Sites
- Customise your experience, for example, provide advertisements that we think are relevant to you and which support any specific requests for information you may make through keyword searches;
- carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of all of our customers; and
- send you information we think you may find useful, including information about new Penmark Hospitality products and services.
You may be asked, either when you register with us, or at other times, for information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number. You may also be asked to share with us your interests, hobbies and preferences. In addition, when you order certain goods or services from our Web Sites, we will need to know your credit/payment card number and expiration date.
You are under no obligation to provide this information, but if you don’t then we may not be able to provide you with certain services or personalise your experience and tailor our Services for you (for example, tell you about special offers on things you’re interested in).
Log files/IP addresses
When you visit our Web Sites, we automatically log your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. We use IP addresses to help us administer our Web Sites and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information.
Cookies are pieces of information that a Web Site transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. However, you may not be able to take full advantage of a Web Site if you do so. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they do identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify customers or passwords. Credit card information is not stored in cookies.
- To identify who you are and to access your account information;
- To estimate our audience size and patterns;
- To ensure that you are not asked to register twice;
- To control how often visitors see similar ads;
- To track preferences and to improve and update our Web Site; and
- To track the progress and number of entries in some of our promotions and contests.
With whom is the information shared?
The Butcher’s Shop will not share, sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
The Butcher’s Shop may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or if it believes that such action is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of company name and its Web Sites, visitors to the Web Sites and customers of our Services.
Information about products and services
It is very important to us that we provide you with the highest level of service. In order to help us do this, from time to time advertising companies may send you details of our products and services which we think may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive these details, please e-mail us at email@example.com
The Butcher’s Shop places great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of customer data under our control. Only authorised personnel have access to user information. With regard to our Web Sites, we use secure server software to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us. While we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent it.